[gcompris-devel] GCompris at Swiss schools

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu Feb 20 09:20:11 UTC 2003

Le mar 18/02/2003 à 18:40, pgeorges a écrit :
> Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> > We have to take care of what can be done with automatic tracing of kids
> > activity.
> > Implementing a such feature means that each kid is identified before
> > playing, it can be boring and done wrong. In this case, you will note
> > the wrong person !!
> >
> > If we trace kids, we may have under certain legislation to request
> > authorisation to organism (like the CNIL in france). The kids should be
> > warned that they are traced, and should have a right to refuse it !!
>
> Adibou, chessmaster 9000, request a log in, and I don't see what is the
> problem. A kid could choose the name Cheetah to log in ...

Yes, but if the teacher want to trace all the kids, he/she needs to use
their real name or it will be the jungle ;)

In Adibou, the kid can create a login in the software. There is no
password and no way to ensure that a kid is really THIS kid.

Here we are talking about using it in a school environment and we need
to take care of that.

Bruno.

ofset    http://ofset.sf.net/
gcompris http://ofset.sf.net/gcompris