[gcompris-devel] New graphics for gcompris?

Reuben Pearse reuben at pearse.co.uk
Thu Feb 13 16:57:04 UTC 2003

Hi all,

I was thinking of creating some groovier pictures for the memory board game.
(i.e. the pictures in: /usr/share/gcompris/boards/gcompris/misc)

I was going to render them in Povray (a free 3d raytracer)

What do people think about this?

Do I need to render multiple versions for different resolutions (I noticed
that the existing ones get a bit blocky when enlarged)?

Also, I was gonna try and get permission from the authors of some other cool
kid related rendered images to be included in gcompris - perhaps to be used
in the puzzle game. What licence does artwork need to come under...GPL, or
royalty free?

Keep up the good work.

Reuben
reuben at pearse.co.uk