[gcompris-devel] suse version

Richard Boyce boycer at u.washington.edu
Sun Dec 28 19:15:01 UTC 2003

Rami wrote:

>Le ven 26/12/2003 à 00:09, Bruno Coudoin a écrit :
>

>>For those looking to a suse version, I just found this:
>>http://packman.links2linux.org/?action=243
>>

>Seems to work for me on a SuSE 8.2, except for the python plugin.

I've been trying to get python working from source build in the hopes of
getting working binary with python and still no luck. Could we swap
notes on what we have done so far? I have searched high and low for all
the dependencies needed for python:
*libpython comes with SuSE 8.1 but as
/usr/lib/python2.2/config/libpython2.2.a
*python - 2.2.1 from SuSE,
*gnome-python-canvas - I cannot find the tar.gz version of this and have
not found SuSE rpms, I have installed libgnomecanvas-2.0,
gnome-python-2.0, pygnome, and all dependencies but it does not provide this
*libpython2.2-devel - a package all its own (also provided by python?)
*python-base - equiv to python? I'm not sure based on searches

Richard