[gcompris-devel] Idea for new boards -

Richard Boyce boycer at u.washington.edu
Fri Dec 26 13:56:05 UTC 2003

Wow, shape games look pretty easy to implement! ...

Bruno Coudoin wrote:

>I like the drawing. Nice to see Tux out there ;)
>
>I am not sure to understand the game play. If it's just a puzzle game,
>then you can use the shape board in gcompris and just create a dataset
>for it (it's explained in the online FAQ).
>It would be great if it was not only a puzzle but something with more
>strategy. I don't know, but could it be used to let the kid learn
>somthing about motor engine, space, earth attraction like landing an
>engine on the moon.

I like this idea, but I will have to think some more. Have you seen
"Moon Lander" (http://freshmeat.net/projects/moon_lander/?topic_id=80) ?
A simpler version with similar concept may be fun and educational.

Have a great day.
Richard

Good start anyway.