[gcompris-devel] Idea for new boards -

Richard Boyce boycer at u.washington.edu
Thu Dec 25 23:54:00 UTC 2003

Hi, hope your holidays were great,

Bruno Coudoin wrote:

>Le mar 23/12/2003 à 03:09, Richard Boyce a écrit :
>

>>My five year old seems to really enjoy space things; astronoauts and rockets etc. What do you think of a board with a space station (like the International Space Station) with a robotic arm that the kids could use to "repair" space ships? For example, space ships ans U.F.O.s missing shapes or patterns and various of the shapes/patterns floating in space.
>>
>>I have C experience but could implement in python since that may be easier (and I would like to learn it for rapid prototyping)
>>
>>yours,
>>

>Nice context. Space is a good idea but how do you repair it ?

Please see the attached image showing a rough version of what I had in
mind. The UFO, Astronaut, and shapes may float nearby in space. The
robot arm has two joints and could be used to grasp shapes and move them
where they should go thus  "repairing" the  ship(s).  Play could be
similar to "Place the Lands."

What do you think?

Richard