[gcompris-devel] cannot make gcompris 4.2...

rdecolle at freemail.it rdecolle at freemail.it
Thu Dec 11 01:20:04 UTC 2003

Hi,

i had the same problem with RedHat 9.0 and Gcompris 4.0x.

I found a workaround  on the mailing list archive from Rami (Thanks Rami).

But I had to play with --force or --nodeps..

I think the installation is very very complicated and this can discourage "normal" people.

best regards

>i'm trying to make gcompris running on my redhat 9.0, with gnome and ximian

>desktop 2 installed... so far i've failed... the rpms keep

>telling me that i don't have the right dependencies with :

>	gdk-pixbuf-gnomecanvas is needed by gcompris-4.2-1

>        gnome-python is needed by gcompris-4.2-1

>        gnome-python-canvas is needed by gcompris-4.2-1

>        pygtk2.0 is needed by gcompris-4.2-1

>        libcrypto.so.0.9.7 is needed by gcompris-4.2-1

>        libpython2.2.so.0.0 is needed by gcompris-4.2-1

>        libssl.so.0.9.7 is needed by gcompris-4.2-1

>gdk-pixbuf-gnomecanvas : Yes i don't seem to have it... well i tried to

>installed it (rpm -ivh) but dependencies are required with

>gdk-pixbuf-loaders... ok, i go and fetch the rpm... but when trying to

>install it, it conflicts with an existing installation... the "rpm -qa |

>grep gdk" indicates that loaders are NOT there but still, it conflicts

>with gdk-pixbuf from ximian... i did not want to play with --force or

>--nodeps yet...

>Regarding gnome-python, i have gnome-python2 installed...

>libcrypto and libssl are installed with openssl-0.9.7a-2, not

Stanco dello spam nella tua email? Prova GRATIS
il nuovo servizio ANTISPAM di superEva:
http://webmail.supereva.it/spam.html