[gcompris-devel] compiling gcompris 4.2 on ppc platform (yellow dog linux 3.0)

Rami rami.aubourg at ifrance.com
Tue Dec 2 06:28:03 UTC 2003

Le mar 02/12/2003 à 14:37, Jean-Patrick Pommier a écrit :
> dear all,
>
> I am trying to compile gcompris 4.2 on a ppc linux box (imac+ yellowdog
> 3.0), however according to INSTALL some libraries need to be installed:
>
> gnome-libs
> xmlib2
> gdk-pixbuf-gnomecanvas
> gdk-pixbuf.
>
> The source code is difficult to find and only binaries (rpm) from
> mandrake for i586 is available at rpmfind.net (found with google). it is
> the case for:
>
> gnome-libs
> gdk-pixbuf-gnomecanvas
> gdk-pixbuf
>
> Those libraries cannot be found at gnome (weird !?) :
>
> http://www.gnome.org/softwaremap/search.php
>
> Same problems with the following files (rpm binaries, no sources
> particularly tgz):
>
> libgnomecanvas2-devel
> gdk-pixbuf2-devel
> libgnomeui2-devel
>
> I suppose I didn't search well... where can I find the source code of
> those libs to build gcompris on ppc ?
>
> thank you
>
> jean-patrick

If you search rpmfind with "src" as architecture, you should find src
rpms for yellowdog Linux. At least for gdk-pixbuf, I got several
answers.
If you succeed in building an rpm for Yellowdog Linux, I'm really
interested, BTW. My girlfriend doesn't let me play with her I-Book,
though it's dual-booting ;-).

Rami