[gcompris-devel] [slightly OT] GCompris demo in flash with vnc2swf

Rami rami.aubourg at ifrance.com
Mon Dec 1 03:12:01 UTC 2003

Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> Great, gcompris on the web !!
>
> Well, I saw it and it's impressive. I don't know if this could be
> usefull to us.
> We already have online screenshot for each activity. we could imagine to
> create a swf for each and thus provide an online demo.
> More simply and less bandwith consuming, we could add several
> screenshots per activity.
>
> What do you have in mind with this ?

Hi, Bruno,

Well, the goal was  to provide an online demo and a simple how-to for
gcompris. When I saw wnc2swf, I found the idea attractive.
I imagined (just a suggestion, if it's accepted), creating a simple html
page with a link to a flash demo of each board.
For bandwidth and storage space, maybe we could ask for example the guys
at tuxfamily.org to provide a few dozen megs just for the flash demos,
at least in english and french, and maybe at least one non-latin-charset
language. I don't know whether the ofset.org site would be ready to
provide the storage space and bandwidth.
The reserve I have is about the not-totally-free status of flash. I
really want to have the opinion of the list about that. Plus the problem
of storage space and bandwidth.

Rami