[gcompris-devel] Bug-List

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Wed Aug 27 14:44:16 UTC 2003

Le mer 27/08/2003 à 08:29, Ronny Standtke a écrit :
> Hi Bruno,
>
> > * can no more face impossible case (too close or too far)
>
> What exactly means "too close" in this board?

Well I mean that if you have two dices (at level 4) and the target is
one step beyond, if you have not the zero choice your screwed !!

> > I had to allow dice with NO point (zero) to be sure it's always
> > possible.
>
> In what exact case is this necessary?

See above

> > It would be nice if you could test it (libgnomecanvas in the gnome cvs).
>
> Works much better! But depending on a cvs version of a basic library gives me
> the willies :-)

So do I. I will post the gnome list asking for a release date.

> > I suggest a third way. If we don't have to color voice, or the sounds is
> > disabled, then we display the text message. This way, it's always
> > playable to its best.
>
> Well, my concerns are that in this case we have two identical boards. We have
> to read a color names and klick on the corresponding item. Then just the
> graphics are different. My opinion is now (sorry for not thinking long enough
> the first time) that the "ideas" of the two boards should stay separated. One
> board for listening to color names and one board for reading color names.

I agree with you but isn't it better to have twice the same functional
board than one that doesn't work at all.
I saw that kids with no soundcards don't understand what to do.
I stick to my proposal, if there is no file sounds or sound is disabled,
I print the color.

> >> Contents errors:
> >> ----------------
> >> - missing letters / reading practice / find your left and right hands
> >>       in the handbook it reads:
> >>       "Click on the hand at the bottom to validate your choice."
> >>       but there is no hand...
> >
> >Fixed in the .xml.in file. Translation have to be updated by
> >translators.
>
> Did you commit the changes to cvs? In my version of the files
> (missing_letter.xml.in, imageid.xml.in, leftright.xml.in) nothing is fixed.
>
> > You can sent it to me directly. Both works.

> OK, see attachment for an updated de.po.

Got it and commited.

BTW, it is best to send po files to me directly, the files are big and
the list users can be bored by this.

> Another bug: I found that the "move mouse away from button after clicking on
> it" bug does also exists in the gcompris configuration dialog.

Exact, my daughter found it this morning. I fixed it.

I just commited many pending changes including assetml usage in gcompris
to get flags and sounds.