[gcompris-devel] python crash

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu Apr 24 10:41:02 UTC 2003

Le jeu 24/04/2003 à 16:45, Olivier Samyn a écrit :
> Hello all,
>
> I didn't read my mails yesterday so I wasn't able to answer the
> problem...
>
> I just made a patch to check at startup if all needed python packages
> are present. If not, all python's board are disabled.
>
> But there's a problem in the current gcompris loading process: if a
> board is not recognized by any plugin it's still displayed in the menu.
> So the python icon will still be there but when you click on it it will
> do nothing... (and it doesn't crash gcompris any more)
>
> Bruno can you confirm me this behaviour and that an update of the
> plugin/boards loading process have to be analysed and discussed...

Yes, no problem to discuss it. I see several approach :
- We remove the board icon and the kid do not see them
- We keep the icon and we add a red cross on them to inform they are not
available. If he click on it a dialog box tell what's wrong to the user
: we miss a plugin capable of handling the type xxx of board... Contact
Olivier for more information ;)
- <Dream>we download the plugin just in time when the user click on the
icon</dream>

What do you suggest ?