[gcompris-devel] Board vs screen size

Antoine Hulin antoine at origan.fdn.org
Mon Sep 2 15:15:55 UTC 2002

> Antoine,
>
> In the configuration dialog box in gcompris (the toolbox in the control
> bar of gcompris), you can configure gcompris to display up to 1024x866
> but expect a loose in quality.

I will probably need a newer version to get this feature. I use the
debian stable package (v1.0.3) and don't see this choice.

> What should be done is to switch the resolution of your screen to
> 800x600 prior to start gcompris (what does the SDL).

I am not sure to understand your solution. Do you mean I should use
Ctrl-Alt + and Ctrl-Alt - to modify the screen resolution ? I thought
about this and I concluded that the virtual desktop wouldn't stay
centered more than a few microseconds if I handed the mouse to my
daugther in this configuration. ;^)

But reading your sentence makes me think you're considering something
else...

Antoine