[gcompris-devel] [Announce gcompris 1.0.5]

Thomas Gebhardt gebhardt at HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE
Fri May 31 01:26:03 UTC 2002

Hi,

> Here it is (the note). I'll do the country names (with my son). BTW: How
> would you call the USA?  'U S A'? 'Vereinigte Staaten'?  'Vereinigte
> Staaten von Amerika'?  [I'd prefer the first as being the most commonly
> used]

I'd agree, "U S A" is probably the most commonly used.

BTW: If you have a more appropriate translation for "level" than
"leicht oder schwer", please let me know. I found that the more
exact "Schwierigkeitsgrad" is not in the vocabulary of the
intended audience. But now it sounds "leicht oder schwer eins/zwei/..."
when you move the mouse over the dice at the bottom of the board,
which is also suboptimal.

> Perhaps we should also look for a daughter to complete/complement the
> sons. [Well, I'll see how well my 3 year old one pronounces remote
> country names ;-) Panama should be easy]

I could supply a nearly 5 year old daughter :-) But even with
my 7 year old son it took quite some time to record the raw
material for the sound files. I don't think that my daughter
is patient enough to repeat the words several times clearly
and slowly so that I can pick up the most understandable
soundlet.

Cheers, Thomas