[gcompris-devel] [Announce gcompris 1.0.5]

Christof Petig christof at petig-baender.de
Fri May 31 00:46:02 UTC 2002

Thomas Gebhardt wrote:
> Hi,
>

>>As of today, Thomas Gebhardt (he his in copy) made the german sounds.
>>
>>I have no problem to release yours but to avoid double work, Thomas, can
>>you please tell us is you have a plan to record the countries name ?
>

> I have not yet installed gcompris 1.0.5. Just downloaded the
> sources and will compile them tomorrow. I can ask my son to
> record the german sound files for the geography board. But I also
> have no problem if Christof provides the files. Christof, just drop
> me a note if you are going to do the job :-)

Here it is (the note). I'll do the country names (with my son). BTW: How
would you call the USA?  'U S A'? 'Vereinigte Staaten'?  'Vereinigte
Staaten von Amerika'?  [I'd prefer the first as being the most commonly
used]

Perhaps we should also look for a daughter to complete/complement the
sons. [Well, I'll see how well my 3 year old one pronounces remote
country names ;-) Panama should be easy]

    Christof