[gcompris-devel] Re: Gcompris internationalization

bruno bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon May 13 14:47:02 UTC 2002

Le lun 13/05/2002 à 21:06, Håvard Bjåstad a écrit :
> OK, so using Swedish locale (iso code is se, not sw, I believe) in
> GCompris requires Swedish locale in the distribution. Well, that
> explains it -- I don't have Swedish installed. And when I try your
> suggestion, the console output does indeed say "got (null)".

Finally, I double checked and It seems that sweden is .sv

> So I'll create a Norwegian translation (yes, iso code is no). The
> documentation states that when creating a new translation, one should
> start with a file called gcompris.pot, however I can't find it in CVS...
> Does it exist? Where is it located?

Correct, the documentation is not explicit on that point. I just updated
it. You have to do:
cd po
make update-po
cp gcompris.pot no.po

Translate no.po

make at upper gcompris level
make install (to check your translation)

> And for the sounds, which files do I need to create Norwegian versions
> of (are they all located in one directory in CVS)?

For the sounds, they are in cvs under boards/sounds/fr
fr is the most uptodate before german.
Using the name of the file in english, you should be able to understand
what you have to say in them.

Good luck.

Bruno.