[gcompris-devel] Re: Slovak translation of gcompris

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu Mar 21 06:34:02 UTC 2002

le mar 19-03-2002 à 00:37, Zdeno Podobný a écrit :
> 12.3.2002 14:33:21, Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin at free.fr> wrote:
>

> >Sory for the inconvenient, there is more to translate for sk in the
> >attached po.
> >I just discovered that the po files on the web site are not uptodate.
>
> OK. I translated almost everything but I have some questions (maybe problems):
>
> - How works (?) strings like this "bed _ed b l f". As far as I understood player see "_ed" and letter
> "b","l","f" and he/she needs to press "b" for right anwer "bed". If this my suggetion is right  will also slovak
> translation "postel _ostel p l d" (right answer is "p") work? There is no slovak word for bed with "b".
Yes, that's the way to do it.

> - Are for these words/games any images or only text is displayed? If there are no images it is ok, I can
> choose another slovak word with "b"nut will not be translation for "bed"...
No, the target word is displayed. It is ok and good to change the bad
words to words close and confusing for the student.

> - Can you please describe me word "firtree" (#: boards/imagename/board5_0.xml.in.h:2)? I am not able to
> find in any dictionary.
I don't find it either :(
It should be spruce or chrismas tree.

> If it is possible, please use for src one package and for sound files another. I am not interesting in all that
> sound files that I am not able to understand. I use modem it takes o lot of time to download one big
> package.
That what we do with the package gcompris-core
It is our plan to make boards data more independant and tared to make
the management easier.

You po file is in the CVS.

Thanks, Bruno.