[gcompris-devel] compilation error

Cedric Bertolini cedric.bertolini at free.fr
Tue Mar 5 05:46:05 UTC 2002

Hello,

My name's Cedric Bertolini, i'm french. I'd like to see gcompris working
because i love both children and linux. So I planned to install it on my
home workstation, but I doesn't run.

My version of gcompris:
1.0.0-Pre4

My configuration :
arch-i386
debian 2.2r5
gcc version 2.95.2
custom installation of many things, including everything needed by
gcompris, as attested by the configure script

Anyway, It didn't compile at first time. I had to add #include <signal.h>
in gcompris.h It compiled then, but at runtime, it fails :
> Message: scan_plugins /home/cedric/.gcompris/Plugins/
> Message: scan_plugins /usr/local/lib/gcompris/
> libgcc_s.so.1: cannot open shared object file: Aucun fichier ou
répertoire de ce type [x 15]>
> ** ERROR **: Cant't find the menu board or plugin execution error
> aborting...

So what's your opinion ? I don't have any lib matching this one. What is
it ? Do I have to install another or a newer library ?

Cédric Bertolini.