[gcompris-devel] warning when installing gcompris

Bruno Coudoin bcoudoin at anfora.fr
Fri Jan 18 00:41:02 UTC 2002

le jeu 17-01-2002 à 21:37, pgeorges a écrit :
> 1. When installing gcompris-1.0.0Pre1-1.i686.rpm I get
> warning: user bcoudoin does not exist - using root
>  many times.
Thats's strange, bcoudoin is my login name on my host where I create the
rpm. I don't understand way it does that but I'll check.

> 2. More important, many board descriptions are not translated (for
> French at least).
> And to get the "missing letter" board display french instead of english,
> I had to set language to english, then go back to french.

I think it is due to the new configuration system. A file
.gnome/gcompris is created and it contains the user selected locale. By
default I set it to english in propoerties.c which is wrong. I should
set it initially to the current user locale.
I'll change that.