[gcompris-devel] problem compiling

Herman Bruyninckx Herman.Bruyninckx at mech.kuleuven.ac.be
Thu Jan 3 00:02:01 UTC 2002

On Thu, 3 Jan 2002, Nicolas Pettiaux wrote:

[... gcompris with debian...]

> checking for gconf-config... (cached) no
> checking for GCONF - version >= 0.5... no
> *** The gconf-config script installed by GCONF could not be found
> *** If GCONF was installed in PREFIX, make sure PREFIX/bin is in
> *** your path, or set the GCONF_CONFIG environment variable to the
> *** full path to gconf-config.

I have had this problem too, some time ago. I don't remember how I
solved it (it was easy...). Anyway, I have this version of gconf:
 dpkg -l *gconf*
ii  gconf          1.0.7-1   GNOME configuration database system.  (daemon
ii  libgconf-dev   1.0.7-1   GNOME onfiguration database system developme
ii  libgconf11     1.0.7-1   GNOME configuration database system librarie

Herman