[gcompris-devel] Searching for educational games and web-games

Stephen Liu satimis at writeme.com
Wed Dec 18 08:34:02 UTC 2002

Hi all folks,

I just join this list.  I am searching for educational games/web games,
preferable from OpenSource, for Kindergarten kids.  My search can be
briefly focused as follows:

1) Simple mathematics
2) Simple colour filling
3) Simple spelling
4) Simple games, etc.
5) 2D can be OK but 3D is more attractive
6) The instruction has to be simple easily understood by teachers of non
technical mind
7) Music is not important
etc.

Actually I can find many of them with google search.  But the real
difficulty is I must have them downloaded, installed and playing them
before I know what kind of games they are.  No demo on their websites
except screen shots.  Teachers are reluctant to accept them.  Unlike those
games available on markets they have demo showing how to play and their
content as well.

Can any folk on the list shed me some light.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Liu