[gcompris-devel] [Bugs] Porting on Mac os 10.2

Christophe Trophime trophime at grenoble.cnrs.fr
Fri Dec 6 04:17:05 UTC 2002

I am trying to port gcompris to Mac Os 10.2 and plan to make
it a fink package.

I had to patch pluginenum.c and clickgame.c due to some trouble
with dirent.h include on Mac OS X. If you had "#include <sys/types.h>"
before the dirent.h include directive, gcompris compiles right.

However it doesn't run "Can't find the menu board or plugin ..."
This is due to an invalid PACKAGE_DATA_DIR. Actually the configure
script builds config.h with an empty DATADIRNAME. So I got bad
definitions, e.g. :
#define PACKAGE_LOCAL_DIR "/usr/local//locale"

Finally configure script can tell that the shared lib have a ".dylib"
extension. It keeps on saying that the extension is ".so". It is not a
really problem but It would be more "nice" to have .dylib dynamical
libraries.

darwin: 6.2
gcc: Apple Computer, Inc version 1161 (gcc 3.1 20020420)

Thanks for any help.

--
Christophe Trophime <trophime at grenoble.cnrs.fr>
LCMI