[gcompris-devel] Sound

pascal.georges1 at free.fr pascal.georges1 at free.fr
Mon Oct 29 10:27:01 UTC 2001

En réponse à Bruno Coudoin <bcoudoin at anfora.fr>:

> Beside the play_ogg, we will need to manage properly the list of
> sounds
> and provide some equivallent to po files where a translators can
> easily
> see what's missing. Also from the UI standpoint do we have to default
> english if the translation is not there or say nothing ?

My idea is to have a directory :
sound/fr/*.ogg
sound/en/*.ogg
and maybe a description file in each subdir describing what is heard when playing
each file (this will ease translation work).

If the translation is missing, either the board is playable, and no sound is
played (no english by default), or, if the board is not playable, pop up a warning
message.

> Pascal, I won't have time to work on that. Do you thing you can
> propose
> something.

I think so. But don't know when.

I have 2 other boards idea :

1. click on the right place ("click on the cat above the table", etc..)
2. click on the letter B (and 5 letters are displayed).

These 2 boards need sound.