[gcompris-devel] Re: `Divide by zero' bug...

Bruno Coudoin bcoudoin at anfora.fr
Mon Oct 15 02:44:02 UTC 2001

le lun 15-10-2001 at 10:51 Herman Bruyninckx a écrit :

> > > Great! Up to 1.0 :-)
> > I will make gcompris 1.0 when we will have a proper feedback.
> > That's the big NEXT on the list.
> > What do you think ?
> >
> That's the right way to do. You could release a 0.9 version, or a
> 1.0-preXX version, as some other projects do.

OK, I'll go for a 0.9

> I do think that trying to come up with a uniform coding over all
> boards is worthwhile as a spec for 1.0. Another thing could be to try
> to separate the gnome-specific things from the functionality.
>
> I don't promise anything, but I hope I will be able to look at this
> kind of things.
That would be great by I am afraid of the complexity. Hiding gnome
canvas behind a gcompris specific API would make thinks more complex in
my opinion for developpers because they would have to learn yet another
API.
Another way would be to choose a better API than the canvas that is not
the perfect choice for gcompris. I would like an SDL port to happen.
What to you think?