[gcompris-devel] point API

bruno bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sat Dec 1 19:29:03 UTC 2001

Hi,

I have modified all the boards to use the board_finished implementation
of Pascal.

I also just added a new API in gcompris core to have a point counter
system.
It provides:
void gcompris_point_start (PointStyleList style, guint x, guint y, guint
max);
void gcompris_point_end();
void gcompris_point_set(guint value);

Today there is just one pointstyle of the form 1/10 but we could imagine
to use a decreasing list of cube as another style for smaller children.

I started to use it in clock, algebra and falling words.

The goal is to replace the following entry:
void		 gcompris_bar_set_timer (guint time);
void		 gcompris_bar_set_maxtimer (guint time);
These methods are using the progress bar in the window status bar but it
is too hard to see.
When completed this status bar will be completly removed.

After on the same principle, I will create a real timer with
gcompris_timer_start(style, ...
This will make the user loose when the time is up.
It will make gcompris more challenging I hope.
I already have some great picture from Renaud for that.

Also, I would like to get rid of the gnome menu and most important,
change the general size of gcompris to match a usual resolution ratio.
It means that the 'drawing' area will be less high.