[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX is alternatives

Akemi Yagi amyagi at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 19:37:16 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Stefan Baur
<newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de> wrote:
> Am 15.10.2013 20:26, schrieb Akemi Yagi:

>> Were you able to install x2go and freenx on the same machine without
>> conflicts?
>>
>> Are you able to connect from a freenx client to an x2go server (and
>> vice versa) ?
>

> I can only speak for the server side, I had both x2go and freenx installed
> on the same server. The freenx packages came from the Ubuntu repository, and
> I don't remember any conflicts.

I was not able to install x2goclient on a box that has freenx
installed due to conflicts.

> My clients were all Windows machines, so I guess my experience that you
> could install both x2goclient.exe and nxclient.exe on the same machine
> doesn't really help you.

According to the x2go FAQ ( http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/doc:faq ) :

"Even though X2go uses the same libraries, X2go aims for an even
greater integration into the Linux environment. It’s not possible to
use NX client to log on to a X2go server and vice versa."

I attempted to connect to an x2go server using OpenNx but that did not
work. So, if one wants to use x2go in the environment where freenx is
widely employed, very good testing / planning would be necessary.

Akemi