[FreeNX-kNX] NX disappears after starting

mashtin.bakir at gmail.com mashtin.bakir at gmail.com
Wed May 1 17:42:58 UTC 2013

gnome is installed and running on all Fedora Core machines.
The windows client side is running version 3.5.09, The Fedora
hosts are running freenx-server v 0.7.3-18

The behavior is consistent from all windows machines. On all but
two FC hosts, they work like a champ. On two FC hosts they pass
authentication and start up the GUI then quickly disappear.

A bit more information; My home dir is shared out to ALL these
machines (windows and Linux)
For the problem FC hosts, I had previously install Nomachine.
I have since uninstalled that and loaded FreeNX. I thought there
might be some remnant from the previous install but I did a
rpm -qpl  to see what nomachine puts on the FC hosts and
insured that all these files/directories were removed.
For the FC freenx installation, I'm leaving it otherwise generic
after running
nxsetup --install --setup-nomachine-key
and btw, the test at the end of the install implies that it's set
up correctly.