[FreeNX-kNX] Strange NX Server Caching problem

Sergej Petrovsky sergej5561 at yandex.com
Thu Aug 1 14:09:51 UTC 2013

Hi All,

Instead of describing the problem I start with an image right away:

http://tinypic.com/r/2reiakw/5

The NXSERVER's OS:
Welcome to Linux Mint 15 Olivia (GNU/Linux 3.8.0-19-generic i686)
3.8.0-19-generic

ii  nxclient                                    3.5.0-7                                i386         NX Client
ii  nxnode                                      3.5.0-9                                i386         NX Server Node
ii  nxserver                                    3.5.0-11                               i386         NX Server

This happens after I log out for a longer time (>10mins). All the currently opened applications mess up like this, their menus, icons, GTK texts all disappears and it doesn't help if I minimize, maximize them or switch workspace etc. I have to restart them. Anybody have an idea what's going on here? It seems as some caching problem to me on the server side. On the client there is an option to remove all cache files but it doesn't make any difference.

Thanks,
Sergej