[FreeNX-kNX] When suspending a session, why are the /var/lib/nxserver/db/running/sessionId{} files sometimes not written properly (0 byted) ?

Sabuj Pattanayek sabujp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 15:53:04 UTC 2012

> Sometimes ?? Is it just random, or times of high load etc.

I have no idea when it happens. The users say they just suspend, try
to come back to it but can't.

>        [ "$SERVER_CHANNEL" = "1" ] && /bin/echo "$@"
>        [ "$SERVER_CHANNEL" = "2" ] && /bin/echo "$@" >&2

That's what it looks like.

> You don't trouble us with any information about your
> distro/version so its difficult to say if you are missing
> any updates.

centos 5 :

$ rpm -qa | grep nx
nx-3.5.0-1.el5.centos.x86_64
freenx-0.7.3-8.el5.centos.x86_64
nxclient-3.5.0-7.x86_64

> What do your
>
> /var/lib/nxserver/db/running/sessionId  files normally contain.

sessionName=<name>
display=1027
status=Suspended
startTime=1327978012
foreignAddress=-
sessionRootlessMode=0
type=unix-gnome
sessionId=<sessionHash>
creationTime=1327978012
userName=<userName>
serverPid=
screeninfo=1309x818x24+render
geometry=1309x818
host=127.0.0.1
shadowcookie=<shadowCookiehash>

> Are you sure the files aren't being moved to
>
>         /var/lib/nxserver/db/failed/sessionId
> or
>         /var/lib/nxserver/db/closed/sessionId
> and a new 0 byte file created ??