[FreeNX-kNX] When suspending a session, why are the /var/lib/nxserver/db/running/sessionId{} files sometimes not written properly (0 byted) ?

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Tue Mar 27 14:40:19 UTC 2012

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 22/03/2012 23:48:52:

> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that sometimes after suspending a session, or perhaps if the

Sometimes ?? Is it just random, or times of high load etc.

> client is just closed on the other end (e.g. logout, client crash,
> client reboot, etc), the /var/lib/nxserver/db/running/sessionId{} file
> for that session on the nx server sometimes is not written properly (0
> byted). Anyone know why this happens or if there's a fix?

[SNIP]

I haven't seen that happening.

If you choose to suspend the session,the
         . ./running/sessionID
file should be updated to show :-
        status=Suspended
If the client vanishes for whatever reason then it mostly just gets
left (un-updated) as :-
        status=Running
so
this sounds a bit like a /bin/bash-ism to me . . .

However

if you haven't had

       [ "$SERVER_CHANNEL" = "1" ] && echo "$@"
       [ "$SERVER_CHANNEL" = "2" ] && echo "$@" >&2

       [ "$SERVER_CHANNEL" = "1" ] && /bin/echo "$@"
       [ "$SERVER_CHANNEL" = "2" ] && /bin/echo "$@" >&2

in nxserver, you will get some incorrectly terminated
nxagent sessions, if the NX-server doesn't hear from
the nxclient for some time.

You don't trouble us with any information about your
distro/version so its difficult to say if you are missing
any updates.

What do your

/var/lib/nxserver/db/running/sessionId  files normally contain.

Are you sure the files aren't being moved to

        /var/lib/nxserver/db/failed/sessionId
or
        /var/lib/nxserver/db/closed/sessionId

and a new 0 byte file created ??