[FreeNX-kNX] The connection with the remote server was shut down

Brent S. Elmer Ph.D. webe3vt at aim.com
Mon Mar 26 20:31:25 UTC 2012

> You don't bother with patching too much then ;)

I am running Debian wheezy/testing and I keep it up to date frequently.
I don't shut down when I update.  This is Linux not Windows.

> - edit /etc/nxserver/node.conf
> and replace

> COMMAND_START_GNOME="/usr/bin/nx-session-launcher-suid gnome-session"

> with

> COMMAND_START_GNOME="gnome-session"
> and
> See if it works.

I tried this and it didn't make any difference.

I have several up to date Debian wheezy(testing) machines and freenx has
the same problem on all of them now.  Something has changed in one of
the libraries that freenx uses and I don't know what it is.

I am getting my freenx from here:

http://ppa.launchpad.net/freenx-team/ubuntu/  karmic

I use karmic because that is the last version that doesn't depend on
upstart.  Debian does not use upstart and I don't want to install
upstart just to use freenx.  It has worked fine until recently.

Brent