[FreeNX-kNX] The connection with the remote server was shut down

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Mon Mar 19 13:38:46 UTC 2012

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 16/03/2012 19:21:04:

> I recently started getting a failure connecting  to a computer running
> freenx that I have been connecting to for years.  I recently rebooted
> the computer that I am trying to connect to that hadn't been rebooted in
> 160 days or so.

You don't bother with patching too much then ;)

> I can ssh into the computer fine.  The error I am
> getting is "The connection with the remote server was shut down.  Please
> check the state or your network connection."

 . . . Something went wrong, have a nice day !!

[SNIP]

>Wrong JPEG library version: library is 80, caller expects 62

version

> rg.freedesktop.DBus.Error.AccessDenied: Interface
> "org.freedesktop.DBus.Properties" isn't exported (or may not exist),

DBus ( console kit )

> can't access property "active"
> 2012-03-16 15:13:43,866 nx-session-launcher ERROR    Falling back to
> create a new session

DBus

[SNIP]

> Any ideas on how to make it work again?
>
> Brent

Start by patching it.

You don't bother us with details of your distro/version
but
let me guess.

You're running ubuntu and you haven't patched it up to now
so
you've hit a nx-session-launcher bug
which
you can't patch because the ubuntu FreeNX ppa has vanished.

So  quick Q?? for you. . .

 . . . do you actually need ConsoleKit ???

Answer=No
         I don't want ordinary users mounting CDs/DVDs/USBs
         or shutting down the machine

- edit /etc/nxserver/node.conf
and replace

COMMAND_START_GNOME="/usr/bin/nx-session-launcher-suid gnome-session"

with

COMMAND_START_GNOME="gnome-session"
and
See if it works.