[FreeNX-kNX] Problem display application

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Thu Mar 15 15:00:36 UTC 2012

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 15/03/2012 14:07:13:

> When i launch : ssh -X to-my-openvz I  have :
>
>     /usr/bin/xauth:  creating new authority file /root/.Xauthority
>
> echo $DISPLAY :
>
> localhost:10.0
>
> And firefox :
>
> (process:11277): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.

It doesn't like French ???

>     Using the fallback 'C' locale.
> (firefox-bin:11277): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
> (process:11277): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
>     Using the fallback 'C' locale.
> (firefox-bin:11277): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library
> (process:11277): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
>     Using the fallback 'C' locale.
> (firefox-bin:11277): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

OK but does it actually launch ???

It should be quite quick over your LAN link

> And run...
>
> And attached to this mail : nxserver.log

Well I can't see FreeNX errors in your log
so
if Gnome is lauching you should look at application issues.

How many applications have you tried ??

What about this which you posted before :-

""In a terminal when i launch firefox i have this error :
Error: cannot open display 1002.0""

Is this within gnome ?? You can get a Gnome terminal to work ???

Why are you doing all this as root. Try a normal user.