[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX Resolution Won't Resize to Monitor Upon Resuming Session

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Thu Mar 15 14:13:54 UTC 2012

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 15/03/2012 12:56:58:

> On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 4:38 AM,  <chris at ccburton.com> wrote:
> >
> > NOTE
> >
> > My linux nxclient messes up resizing on OpenSUSE
> > (and the original sizing actually)
> > so
> > I just change things with nxacl
> > but
> > I just tested the windows client on XP+SP3 (yuk)
> > and
> > mine works correctly, so we shouldn't do
> > any fixing at this stage.
>
> But the linux client should be able to resize after the session starts
> anyway.

Well, I can resize the screen by dragging the corner
(in nxagent auto-resize mode)

The Linux nxclient won't allow me viewport mode,
but I don't want it anyway . ..

The windows client does switch to viewport.

>  As far as I know, the windows client won't resize its own
> display after the session is running

mine does . . .

> but should be able to snap it to
> a configured size or the available space as it starts up and resize
> the session to fit.

Yup. The windows nxclient does but the Linux nxclient doesn't.

>   What happens if you specify the size you want in
> the client before connecting (i.e. calculate or guess at the geometry
> 'available' would be)?

Works with the windows client,
but
if I want it to work with the Linux nxclient I have to use
nxacl to force --resize

It might well all behave differently away from OpenSUSE !!