[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX Resolution Won't Resize to Monitor Upon Resuming Session

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Thu Mar 15 09:38:44 UTC 2012

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 14/03/2012 23:40:02:

> The geometry gets resized to the original client's resolution that
> initiated the session.

I think you mean to say it just stays like the original
                 all the time . . .

i.e. it isn't being resized at all

> Client shows this (I started the original session with a resolution
> of 1018 x 538 from my netbook --- trying to resume the session with
> my main computer):
>

> NX> 105 listsession --user="UserName" --status="suspended,running"
> --geometry="1920x1200x32+render" --type="unix-gnome"
>

> 1000    unix-gnome        24 1018x538       Suspended

The session file doesn't get re-written as the "screen" is resized
so
it will always show the original geometry ( in the list sessions),
whatever
the suspended nxagent has been re-sized to . . .

> What log level should I set nxagent to?  Level 5?

edit /etc/nxserver/node.conf  and set:-

        NX_LOG_LEVEL=6
        NX_LOG_SECURE=1
        NX_LOGFILE=/var/log/nxserver.log

Then if /var/log/nxserver.log doesn't exist

        sudo touch /var/log/nxserver.log

Then do on the new/old /var/log/nxserver.log :-

        chown nx:root /var/log/nxserver.log
and
        chmod 777 /var/log/nxserver.log
        (some logging is attempted as "user")

When you've finished do:-
        chmod 600 /var/log/nxserver.log
and
        NX_LOG_LEVEL=0  # if you don't want more logging

Witht he logging runnng
connect and re-connect, then post the parameter lines
in the log (overtype any passwords external IP etc)

NOTE

My linux nxclient messes up resizing on OpenSUSE
(and the original sizing actually)
so
I just change things with nxacl
but
I just tested the windows client on XP+SP3 (yuk)
and
mine works correctly, so we shouldn't do
any fixing at this stage.