[FreeNX-kNX] Segfault Error 6 in libc-2.11.1.so When Attemtping to Login to My Server Remotely via NoMachine Client

Erk OwN-3m-All own3mall at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 07:19:30 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I've recently been receiving these error messages when I attempt to SSH
into my machine using the NoMachine client. I used to be able to get in
just fine, prior to this week, but now I get the following message from my
client when attempting to connect to the server:

*Authentication failed for user xxx*
*
*I checked my server log, and I get the following messages whenever my
client says the authentication failed for user xxx*
*
*Jan 29 00:01:22 eric-desktop kernel: [ 2243.892563] sshd[7777]: segfault
at befba590 ip 00478fea sp befba580 error 6 in libc-2.11.1.so[3d3000+153000]
*

I tried to remove libc-2.11.1.so from my system, but then nothing worked.
Any ideas as to what I should do? I'm running Ubuntu 10.04.  My credentials
haven't changed, so I have no idea why I'm getting a message stating
authentication has failed.  I checked user settings to make sure I was
still on the list of allowed users, and I was.  I'm pretty sure this
segmentation fault is preventing me from getting in.

Please help!
Thanks
OwN