[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX - RDP connection fails

Jimmy g17jimmy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 10 19:51:00 UTC 2012

I installed freenx in Aug2011 and didn't have the problems getting it to
work that I am now. I had to start fresh on a new server and now it's not
all coming together like before.

I installed nx using rpm's and have these:

nx-3.5.0-1.el5.centos
nxclient-3.5.0-7
nxnode-3.5.0-7
freenx-0.7.3-8.el5.centos

Looking at this site:
http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_Installation
have everything listed there except the libraries that are called for, but
I didn't compile anything the last time I made this work. I think the only
difference between the servers is that the new server is default run level
3, doesn't run X but has X and the required libraries.

The attempt to start xterm over ssh does not work with a message that the
DISPLAY is not set.

Thanks