[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX - RDP connection fails

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Mon Jan 9 18:54:40 UTC 2012

Jimmy <g17jimmy at gmail.com> wrote on 09/01/2012 18:00:37:

> The system csp-wauth is a linux server with no X installed, so
> besides exporting the display, rdeskop isn't going to work. I can
> however telnet to 192.168.201.9 on port 3389. And I verified that
> another system on that network can rdp into the system.
>
> Jimmy

FreeNX has its own X client (or server in normal speak), nxagent

Connect to windows in this manner you are actually:-
opening a FreeNX session
then
running rdesktop in the FreeNX server against the windows server
with
DISPLAY set to the nxagent session, for rdesktop

so

Try using the original desktop to run a FreeNX session
on csp-wauth.csp with the following setting in nxclent . .

        <Configure button> <General Tab>

        Desktop
set             "Unix" "Custom"

and in
        the Custom settings button
set
        "Run the following command" xterm

You should get an xterm which will show you that FreeNX
is working (or not).

Then run
        rdesktop 192.168.201.9
within the xterm and see what it says.

You will of course need xterm (and rdesktop) installed on
csp-wauth.csp . . . .