[FreeNX-kNX] Segfault Error 6 in libc-2.11.1.so When Attemtping to Login to My Server Remotely via NoMachine Client

Erk OwN-3m-All own3mall at gmail.com
Sat Feb 25 00:28:16 UTC 2012

Hey Chris,

I created a new hosts file, and I'm able to login fine now... wow!  Why
would my hosts file cause a segfault?  I never modified it myself
manually.  The entires for the domains are created automatically by the
hosting control panel software.
*
The old HOSTS file one looked like this (entries are for the domains hosted
on my servers):*

127.0.0.1    localhost
127.0.1.1    eric-desktop

# ::1     localhost ip6-localhost ip6-loopback
# fe00::0 ip6-localnet
# ff00::0 ip6-mcastprefix
# ff02::1 ip6-allnodes
# ff02::2 ip6-allrouters
# ff02::3 ip6-allhosts
192.168.[removed].[removed] [LONGLISTOFHOSTS PROBABLY 40+ all one one line]

*The new one looks like this:
*
#

127.0.0.1        localhost
127.0.1.1    eric-desktop

#

I'm so confused as to why my old one caused problems?  Like I said, I never
edited it manually.  You are so awesome Chris!  It works now, but I'd sure
like to know why a hosts file can cause all of these problems.