[FreeNX-kNX] Freenx and kerberos

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Sun Oct 30 17:12:49 UTC 2011

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 29/10/2011 23:56:42:

> Hallo:
>
>  I've my Centos 5.5 joined to Active Directory.
>
>  I use kerberos to authenticate users, so I can get a SSO.
>  A user can use ssh to connect from one computer to another (or putty in
> Windows for connecting to Linux) without being asked for password.

That's GSSAPI (or maybe still RSA keys if you don't have
GSSAPI set up properly)

>  I've enabled ENABLE_USERMODE_AUTHENTICATION="1".

Hmmmmm

   quote from node.conf

# This adds the usermode to the possible authentication methods
# Usermode means that a user can start the nxserver as his shell
# and connect directly to the right server via a custom client.

So, did you set nxserver as your shell
and
get yourself a custom client ???

>  So I supposed that I could use kerberos authentication, but it doesn't
work
> (I'm asked to enter a password).

Sounds like you are still using nxclient which always demands your
password.

>  My question:
>  - What do I have to do for use kerberos authentication using freenx
with
> Linux an Windows clients?

If you mean seamless SSO
then
you will need an Windows/FreeNX custom SSO client
which
you may have to make up yourself.

see

http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/freenx-knx/2008-August/007324.html

If you actually mean kerberos authentication for FreeNx
then you can set that up on the server using

        KerberosAuthentication yes
or
        UsePAM yes

in sshd_config
but
it sounds to me like you got there already . . .