[FreeNX-kNX] Where will freenx be moving to?

Terje Andersen teranders at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 09:24:47 UTC 2011

Hi Fritz,

That sounds great! I guess you should try to send a direct email to one of
them as I don't think they monitor this list anymore.

Thanks, and best regards,
Terje
On 2011 10 8 10:56, "Fritz Elfert" <fritz at fritz-elfert.de> wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I personally would prefer SourceForge (My OpenNX ist hosted there too).
> I would even volunteer as a maintainer, HOWEVER:
> Moving the repository requires one of the *currently* listed maintainers
> doing an at least an SVN export. (I would hate to see the changelog go
> to waste).
> SO:
> Is anyone of those (Fabian Franz, Kurt Pfeifle) still listening here?
>
> Cheers
> -Fritz
>
> On 10/07/2011 06:51 PM, Sabuj Pattanayek wrote:
>> why not just do it on one of the plethora of free hosting solutions,
>> e.g. sourceforge, github, google code, etc?
>>
>> On Fri, Oct 7, 2011 at 11:50 AM, Marc Serra Fontfreda
>> <info at elseudomini.net> wrote:
>>> I can host the web and wiki on my servers for free, i'm not sure about
the
>>> code/repositories. If you are interested contact me via personal e-mail.
>>>
>>> Al 07/10/11 18:46, En/na Terje Andersen ha escrit:
>>>
>>> My first answer to that would sadly be nowhere...
>>>
>>> The reason for this is that, even though a lot of people has helped and
>>> contributed, this project was a one man show of Fabian. As he moved on,
>>> there have been some sporadic development, scattered around on different
>>> places, but no one took over here after Fabian left.
>>>
>>> If you look at the statistics of this list at places like
>>> http://markmail.org, you can see the results.
>>>
>>> The sad truth is that there hasn't been development pushing freenx
further
>>> for a long time now.
>>>
>>> I say this with melancholy and sadness, because I've invested allot of
time
>>> and passion into this project (in the past). I would nothing more than
that
>>> someone, preferably more than one, took up where Fabian left, and pushed
>>> Freenx to be the de facto standard within free remote computing it can
be.

>>> If someone find a place to migrate the code/repositories, web and wiki
to, I
>>> for one would appreciate it. Maybe some time in the future someone
actually

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/11/10/02/2345208/berlios-software-repository-will-close-at-years-end