[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Logging in takes a long time

Yves Goergen nospam.list at unclassified.de
Sun May 1 08:03:35 UTC 2011

On 01.05.2011 09:42 CE(S)T, Yves Goergen wrote:
> Is this an NX protocol design flaw that only shows up on "low-latency"
> connections like DSL? What would possibly happen on an UMTS connection,
> I guess the connection could take as much as 4 minutes to connect...
> I'll have to try that.

Okay, my mobile connection was in a good mood. For a while the ping time
was 300 ms (with exceptions up to 2000 ms), but then it went down to 70
ms. And that's what I got. NX connection took over 60 seconds
altogether. 70 ms is about twice as much as 30 ms and 60 s is twice as
much as 30 s. Same packet distribution in Wireshark.

What type of connection do those use who say "NX connection only takes a
few seconds"?