[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Problem running KDE applications in rootless sessions on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx)

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Thu Mar 24 12:08:52 UTC 2011

Hi Chris,

you wrote:

> Well I managed to set up a 10.04 machine finally and
> I get the same results as you . . .
>
>   . . so I tried kde 4.4.5 on suse and I don't get the
> same issues so it looks like an ubuntu only issue.
>
> The ubuntu NX set up differs somewhat from suse and
> redhat and I don't know enough about it to do much more.

Is there someone on the Ubuntu side of things that we could contact?

> You could try centos for a long term deployment tho

Sorry, but my knowledge is limited to Debian-based distributions; it's
been almost a decade since I last dealt with other Linux distributions
(SuSE, mainly), so this is not an option for me.

Also, are you, like, the only active developer left on the FreeNX
project? There doesn't seem to be much traffic on this list and most of
the replys seem to come from you.

Kind Regards,
Stefan