[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Problem running KDE applications in rootless sessions on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS (Lucid Lynx)

Stefan Baur newsgroups.mail2 at stefanbaur.de
Wed Mar 2 16:39:24 UTC 2011

[KDE apps from KDE4 terminating NX session unexpectedly; no such issues
with KDE3]
> That has been the case for many years, since before KDE 3.x IIRC
> For example, just run:
> konqueror
> And you will find that the command returns almost immediately.
That I knew... but still, rootless NX worked with KDE3 applications in
Debian Lenny (using the freenx packages for ubuntu intrepid on the server).
It seems to be broken in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS, which uses KDE4 (and a newer
set of freenx packages).

> Now, maybe my assumption is wrong and this is not the source of the
> problem described above.
Seems to be a different reason.

Any ideas? Anyone able to verify my experience?

Kind Regards,
Stefan