[FreeNX-kNX] Re: NX 4 not free.

Marcelo Shima marceloshima at gmail.com
Thu Jan 20 20:49:28 UTC 2011

Hi,

Em 17/01/2011, às 07:38, Chris Fanning <christopher.fanning at gmail.com>
escreveu:

Hi,

I'm a long time user of freenx + nx libs.

+1

I love freeNX, we use it at work, it has made our daily activities more
flexible, and it has saved costs.

 +1

I've just read this <http://www.nomachine.com/news-read.php?idnews=331>
http://www.nomachine.com/news-read.php?idnews=331
So NX4.0 will not be free.

How will this affect freenx?

FreeNX will not be updated in the free form we know.

freeNX doesn't seem to have much luck.
I mean, first the community gets divided with google's neatX, then ubuntu
and fedora say they're dropping X, and now the core of freeNX is to become
non-free.
Any good news out there?

Really?
Neatx was a ally, but the design was horrible.
I tried to hack on it without success.

Ubuntu and fedora moving to wayland are good news imo.

But NX becoming closed source is terrible news.
Probably is possible to download the nx4 packages and use the binary.

I am hopping that spice gets ported to a multisession environment
instead of only virtual machines. Spice seems a very good replacement for
nx.

Regards

Marcelo

Cheers,
Chris.

    Were you helped on this list with your FreeNX problem?
   Then please write up the solution in the FreeNX Wiki/FAQ:

http://openfacts2.berlios.de/wikien/index.php/BerliosProject:FreeNX_-_FAQ

        Don't forget to check the NX Knowledge Base:
                http://www.nomachine.com/kb/