[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX and openSUSE11.3 wrong permissions...

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Thu Sep 9 09:34:30 UTC 2010

Verner Kjærsgaard <vk at os-academy.dk> wrote on 08/09/2010 20:00:01:

> I just installed FreeNX latest and greatest from the openSUSE11.3 web
> (one-click install).
>
> Configured and all.
>
> The client cannot connect.
>
> I found that the ownership of the directory /var/lib/nxserver belongs to
> root (700 or so). I changed the owner to 'nx'.
>
> Now the client connects just fine.
>
> Just my findings...hope it's of a little help?

Suse seem to have dropped FreeNX and left it to the userbase.

At least one of the community rpms is a complete mess and puts
node.conf in / instead of /etc/nxsever ( among other things )

If I was you I'd have a good look at what it did install !!

You will also find you haven't got the latest and greatest, but are
well behind in patches.