[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Strange problem with text colors

Robert Weis weis at kip.uni-heidelberg.de
Thu Oct 28 19:02:05 UTC 2010

Hello,

this happens to me too.
Unfortunately also without a solution.

Same thing happens to LXTerminal.
suspend and reconnect makes the text colors visible again.
But it is also temporarily 'repaired' by changing the text color
in the profile-settings in gnome-terminal. (only a 'small' change works too )

You can force this effect by running a silly command like:
   find / -type d -exec ls -al "{}" ";"
Which simply means: putting out a lot of text.
Then it happens after some seconds.

I played with settings like 'disable backing-store',
'disable shared memory extension', 'disable render extension'
 but with no success.

In my case :
I also use the nx-binaries version 3.4
client : nxclient 3.4.0-7
server : (ubuntu 10.04|debian lenny), nxagent 3.4.0-14, freenx 0.7.3-svn

If someone has a hint how to avoid this - I am interested too

Best regards,

Robert