[FreeNX-kNX] Re: Configuring FreeNX Server to use a spesific interface for ssh auth.

Veit Wahlich cru.lists at zodia.de
Wed Oct 20 21:02:10 UTC 2010

Hi Jo,

Am Mittwoch, den 20.10.2010, 22:36 +0200 schrieb Jo-Erlend Schinstad:
> I run FreeNX 0.7.3 on Ubuntu 10.04. I have two NICs and I run ssh on
> one of them, bound to that IP. When sshd is listening on 0.0.0.0, then
> I can login with freenx without any difficulties, but when I bind ssh
> to one of the interfaces, then I get "authentication failed" from
> nxserver. Obviously, I can still connect to sshd. In node.conf, I can
> configure which port sshd is listening on, but how do I tell it to use
> a specific interface?

I regard this to be a problem with the internal ssh authentication
method of FreeNX. nxserver establishes a ssh connection to 127.0.0.1 by
default to authenticate a user by password.

There are two choices for you to solve this problem without changing
code, either have a sshd also be listening on 127.0.0.1 or using another
authentication method in nxserver, such as su instead of ssh.

Best regards,
// Veit