[FreeNX-kNX] Re: NX WebCompanion with FreeNX

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Mon Oct 18 12:18:40 UTC 2010

Jo-Erlend Schinstad <joerlend.schinstad at gmail.com> wrote on 18/10/2010
12:27:55:

[SNIP]
> * Using Nomachines NX Client, I created a session which I configured
> with hostname, and everything else. It does not remember password.
> * I copied that sessionfile to the /plugin/session/ directory as
> "demosession.nxs". It too is readable by www-data.
> * I configured /plugin/nxapplet.html to use demosession.nxs.
>
> Now, when I point my browser to the nxapplet.html file, the applet
> loads, nxclient is installed properly, and the login dialog is
> displayed with my local username as the default. I change it to my
> remote username, enter the password for it, and click "connect". Then,
> the connection settings dialog appears. I have to manually enter
> * hostname
> * desktop: Unix > GNOME. ADSL is default, which is fine.
> * display resolution (I want fullscreen).
>
> Why does this happen? It's terribly annoying and I can't find any
> reason for it. I've read the installation instructions carefully and I
> think I'm doing everything the way it should be done, but still no
> joy. Any help is greatly appreciated.
[SNIP]

Does your server's demosession.nxs have

<option key="Server host" value="a.b.c.d" />
<option key="Server port" value="zzz" />
<option key="Session" value="unix" />
<option key="Desktop" value="gnome" />

Does this stuff make it to the client ??

Have you checked timestamps to make sure the server
version is later??