[FreeNX-kNX] Installing FreeNX server on Ubuntu 10.10

David Breimann david.breimann at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 16:03:12 UTC 2010

Hello,

I followed the (quite tedious) instructions at
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FreeNX to install the FreeNX server
on 10.10, including the manual download of
https://bugs.launchpad.net/freenx-server/+bug/576359/+attachment/1378450/+files/nxsetup.tar.gz.

Here is where I get stuck:

$ sudo /usr/lib/nx/nxsetup --install
------> It is recommended that you use the NoMachine key for
easier setup. If you answer "y", FreeNX creates a custom
KeyPair and expects you to setup your clients manually.
"N" is default and uses the NoMachine key for installation.
Do you want to use your own custom KeyPair? [y/N]
/usr/lib/nx/nxsetup: line 140: .: filename argument required
.: usage: . filename [arguments]
Setting up  ...mkdir: missing operand
Try `mkdir --help' for more information.

This is a fresh Ubuntu 10.10 install.
I never had any problems in Ubuntu 10.04.

Any suggestions will be appreciated since I need to get my FreeNX
server running as soon as possible.

Thank you,
Dave