[FreeNX-kNX] Copy and Paste >256kByte not working

Markus Bachlechner markus.bachlechner at gmail.com
Wed Mar 31 13:26:30 UTC 2010

> override default value if option exist in config file (
> ~/.nx/<sessid>/option )<http://git.altlinux.org/people/boris/packages/?p=nx.git;a=blob;f=nx-X11/programs/Xserver/hw/nxagent/Args.c;h=c2e58bd58b52af3a83f4cb052710b566bccdf8bc;hb=HEAD#l1218>

I checked the config file of the session and there is no "copysize"
parameter in there, so i assume that this is ok.

the defaults is

> http://git.altlinux.org/people/boris/packages/?p=nx.git;a=blob;f=nx-X11/programs/Xserver/hw/nxagent/Options.c;h=1f04b0daf1f122eb694068a1dad180a361d5eacd;hb=HEAD#l151
>

> http://git.altlinux.org/people/boris/packages/?p=nx.git;a=blob;f=nx-X11/programs/Xserver/hw/nxagent/Options.h;h=1bc7eaa4cd89722f521c7dfb571abd5a97cd65be;hb=HEAD#l30
>
> that means that in freenx, and in nx server from !M default value is
> 'unlimited'

I also checked the sources of our freeNX server app (it's self-compiled) and
the mentioned parts are like those you provided above. From my point of
view, there are also no precompiled default limits in the code we are using.

As !M mentions in its documentation, there should be the possibility to
configure this value in the commercial version, so I downloaded and
installed the FreeEdition in order to do some tests. There I faced the same
problem (which is, that copy and paste from NX to the client OS of text
>256kB does not work; instead of the content of the clipboard a random
character is pasted).

So maybe I run into a bug of the client itself? Can anyone confirm the wrong
behavior or does it work for you, if bigger content (let's say the content
of a 500kB text file) is copied within the NX session and pasted into a
client OS's application (notepad, some other text editor ...)?

Markus