[FreeNX-kNX] freenx server on Ubuntu 9.10: windows users can't mount shared forlders

Ricardo Díaz Martín oceanosoftlapalma at gmail.com
Sat Mar 27 18:57:34 UTC 2010

I was installed in a Ubuntu 9.10 x86_64 clean box FreeNX from Launchpad ppa
using this info:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/FreeNX

FreeNX is working fine with remote users accesing from Linux or Mac boxes
with the last NX Client downloaded from nomachine.com. From these boxes smb
shares are mounted fine and works as expected.

When I try to connect from Windows XP client, the share I selected in client
side is not right mounted showing allways this message:

Info: Share: '//COMPUTER/FOLDER' failed to mount: mount error(5):
Input/output error
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)
In Windows XP machine the share is available for the net and users can read
and write with no problems.

Is there somebody that filesharing from windows works out of the box in
Ubuntu 9.10?

Thanks in advance,
Ricardo Díaz